ROAD TRIP SUMMER RETREAT CHECKLIST
❑ Sign up ASAP using Google form below (limited spots available)
❑ Pay $50 deposit (per student) by May 9th (Click “pay” below)
❑ Pay balance of $75 (per student) by June 6th (Click “pay” below)
❑ Attend Mandatory Summer Retreat Meeting on June 26th at 10:00am at the Velocity Heights Campus (474 Trebisky Rd., Richmond Heights, OH 44143)
*For information on scholarships contact Nate Diamond (216) 562-9232 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to attend the MANDATORY PARENT INFORMATION MEETING on JUNE 26th at 10:00am at the Velocity Heights Campus (474 Trebisky Rd., Richmond Heights, Ohio 44143)
Student Drop Off & Pick Up Schedule:
Drop off: Sunday, July 4th, 4:00 p.m. Drop student(s) off at the Velocity Heights campus
Pick Up: Wednesday, July 7th 2:30 p.m. Leaving Sandusky Ohio 4:00 – 4:15 Arriving at Velocity Height Campus (474 Trebisky Rd. Richmond Heights, Ohio 44143)
PARENTS: We will call from cell phones when we are about 45 min from home. You will need to pick up your students at the Velocity Church Height Campus.
Basic Order of Events
SUNDAY: Arrive at Heights campus at 4pm, Fireworks Show in the evening, sleep at church
MONDAY: Head to Sandusky, spend day at Cedar Point, head to Retreat at Sandusky (retreat Center)
TUESDAY: Spend day at the retreat center
WEDNESDAY: Leave retreat center and head to beach, spend afternoon at the beach, leave beach and arrive back at Heights Campus at 4pm
● NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO LEAVE Velocity Church, Cedar Point, the Retreat Center, or the location of any outing FOR ANY REASON UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ADULT WITH YOU. If you are caught doing that – Nate will call your parents and they will come and get you. If you want to go to eat somewhere in the evening – ask an adult to take you.
● NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE DORMS AT NIGHT.
● You are responsible for turning in your room key at the end of camp. If you lose one of the keys to your room YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF $25.00 FOR THE LOSS OF THAT KEY.
WHAT TO BRING
● Enough clothes for four days – please don’t over pack
● Sleeping bag and pillow (for the night at the building)
● Basic light bedding for the retreat center
● Toiletries – toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, etc.
● Two Towels – one for showering and one for swimming
● GIRLS: We would recommend one piece bathing suits. If you do wear a two piece bathing suit you must wear a shirt over it.
● GUYS: No Speedo’s and no exceptions.
● Money : Any spending money you may want for evening food runs, Cedar Point, and the beach concession stands.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
● Firearms (including paintball, airsoft, and BB Guns)
● Shaving Cream (unless you shave)
● Tobacco products
● Drugs or alcohol
● Clothes with vulgar slogans
Basically – don’t bring anything that can get you in trouble.
● Girls – be modest in how you dress. If a leader thinks your shirts are too tight or shorts are too short they will have you change or give you one of their shirts to wear.
● Guys – bring a belt. We do not want to see your underwear. Keep your pants pulled up.
Here is some specific information and details about this year’s retreat
What is the cost for Road Trip SMASH Summer Retreat?
The cost to go to camp is $125 per person. This is paid in two installments: a $50 dollar deposit by May 9th, and a balance of $75 paid by June 6th. If you don’t have the money to go to the retreat please contact Nate Diamond. We do not want anyone to miss out on this fun week because of money. (216) 562-9232 // email@example.com
Where does my student sleep?
The first night they will be sleeping at the Velocity Heights Campus, the other two nights they will be sleeping in hotel/dorm style rooms at the “Retreat at Sandusky” center.
(For bedding information please see “What to Bring” section above).
Where do we eat?
As part of your registration fee, all of your meals will be provided. While we are at Cedar Point we will have two packed meals for each student. If you do not need a packed meal provided for your student at Cedar Point because they plan to buy food in the park, you will have the opportunity to notate that on the sign up form (this will not change the cost of their retreat). There are also places to eat in town. If you want to participate in eating off campus or buying from the gas station you’ll need to bring additional spending money. *There is a place on the sign up form to specify allergies, and other needs concerning food.
What about my students’ medicines?
The group leader(s), will need to take responsibility for the administration of any medicines to your student’s. We will take care of any needs you may have. Please contact Nate Diamond before the trip so arrangements can be made. (216) 562-9232 // firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I register?
You simply fill out the google form on this website below. You will want to fill this out ASAP as this secures your students spot. The next thing due will be the $50 deposit (Due by May 9th). The last payment due will be the remaining $75 (Due by June 6th) These payments can be made using this website as well – just click “pay” below.
SIGN UP NOW!